Reading Notes: Biblical Women Part B

Title: Biblical Women Part B readings
Author: Laura Gibbs* (narrative from the Bible)

I decided for Part B to only take notes on the Biblical women that I had not previously been familiar with in order to gain more knowledge. Based off of Reading A, I wanted to pay more attention to how each story is written, especially how the characters speak to each other. I think it would be a fun challenge for me to write a story in their language, since it is very different from the way I speak today.

Bathsheba

  •  David, King of Israel, falls in love with Bathsheba
  • Conceived a child
  • Uriah and her husband died
Esther
  • Book of Esther
  • Ahasuerus, King, chooses Esther to be his queen
  • Jewish identity
  • fair and beautiful 
  • a great heroine
What I take out of these readings, which I will use to write my story, is the language and how each story is written. It is based off of the Bible, and the context is very formal. 


Comments