Pasque Lake...My Favorite Place

The best place in the world...a 200-acre piece of land with an oversized pond located in the small town of Vienna, Missouri, named Pasque Lake. On this piece of land, owned by my aunt and uncle, I learned how to drive a jet-ski, fish, water ski, wakeboard, tube, banana boat, shoot a gun, play card games, and so much more. On the Fourth of July, my paternal extended family (75 of us, and growing), make the drive to Pasque Lake for our annual family reunion. It is a place so close to my heart, and I would live there all year if I could. Pasque Lake also has the most beautiful sunsets, but I'm biased.
 (Personal Photo of Pasque Lake: Taken by Melanie Pasque in June 2018)

(Personal Photo of Pasque Lake: Taken by Melanie Pasque in June 2017)

The picture below is my favorite picture I've taken at Pasque Lake. You can see half of the main house (there is another house that was recently built because the main house did not have enough space for our growing family not shown in this picture). This picture is so cool because Pasque Lake is known (by our family, ha) for having some of the biggest and craziest thunderstorms; however, rainbows are always seen afterwards. It was actually raining and hailing in this picture, but I saw the rainbow and ran out into the storm anyway to get this picture. The quality of the picture surprised me because it was actually pretty dark and I took it in less than a second because I didn't want my phone to get wet. You can see the hail above the rainbow if you zoom in close enough.
 (Personal Photo of Pasque Lake: Taken by Melanie Pasque in May 2017)

I also love the photo below because some of the cousins, including myself, had just finished wakeboarding for the day, but the water looks so calm and serene (except for the boat wake). This picture represents a lot of what Pasque Lake is about--calm and collected time spent with family. But also, don't let me discredit all of the fun we have: Tube Wars (some cousins are not allowed to play because of their heightened state of competitiveness), the uncles showing off their newest gun purchases, which of course is followed by using them to shoot small explosives on Beaver Island (not shown in any of these pictures), the nightly Contract Rummy card game played by the aunts (and only selected cousins, myself included because I am a master at card games), and of course, the massive family feasts that are prepared every night by one of the families--my immediate family calls our meal the "Meat Fest" if that explains anything..
 (Personal Photo of Pasque Lake: Taken by Melanie Pasque in July 2016)

 (Personal Photo of Pasque Lake: Taken by Melanie Pasque in June 2017)
Pasque Lake may not be the most exciting place to most, but this is where I've grown up and where I realized how blessed I am to have the most amazing, selfless family. Pasque Lake is like no other place.
Thanks for reading! -Melanie

Comments

  1. Having a family lake sounds so cool, Melanie! And that rainbow picture is amazing: as you probably saw, I find something from the blog stream to include every day in the class announcements so tomorrow it will be your rainbow! And maybe you might even consider doing a rainbow project for this class: there are rainbow myths and legends all around the world: Rainbows in mythology at Wikipedia. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment