Week 10 StoryLab: How to Escape a Pack of Wolves (Twine)

Here is my StoryLab for this week! Hope you enjoy! How to Escape a Pack of Wolves


About Twine:
I really loved how different Twine is from just regular writing! It adds different options and a lot of depth to the story I wrote. It was easy to use and I'll probably use it again in the future for a different way of writing.

Author's Note:
I took this passage from the Cherokee Myths unit by James Mooney. I based my story off of the story: The Terrapin's Escape from The Wolves, more specifically.
In the real story, a wolf a trying to eat the Terrapin (a turtle), but the Terrapin defeats it and cuts off the wolf's ears and used them as spoons to eat his soup. A pack of wolves gets upset and captures the Terrapin, and throws it into a deep hole in the river. The Terrapin escapes, but legend has it that when it was thrown into the river, its back shattered into a lot of pieces on a rock. The Terrapin was able to sew the pieces back together, but not without leaving a lot of scars. That is why turtles have lines on their shells.
In my story, I gave the readers the option to choose between a Giraffe and a Monkey. Most of my story is the same as the original, except I used it to explain why Giraffes have spots on their bodies and why Monkeys have long tails.


Comments

  1. Hi Melanie, I really enjoyed your use of Twine to make it more interactive. I had saw the option to learn how to use Twine in the recent Story Laboratory but did not decide to do that one, now next time I will check it out! Besides that aspect, I thought your story was very enjoyable and well-written, and I loved that you decided to add different animal characters than the story you based it off of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melanie! I loved your story! They way you wrote it and made it interactive was so cool! It made reading it that more enjoyable. I really liked the descriptive words you used. It really allowed me to create a mental picture in my mind on what the scenery might look like. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie! This is actually my first time reading someone’s Storylab, and I really enjoyed yours! The interactive parts of this story were very cool and engaging. It is very much like those “choose your own adventure” text-based games, which I really like a lot. The story also flowed great overall and the way you wrote made it easy to visualize the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Melanie! I have never used Twine before, but I think it's such a cool concept to choose your own adventure. They look complicated, but are they actually hard to make? I think your story is pretty fun and casual. I like how it's about three animals you wouldn't usually picture together and how they all interact. Good job with this story lab!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment